Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9

9 months and eating progress

Today Taylor is 9 months old and I honestly can't believe it's been that long. The weeks just keep flying by and it seems to go faster every day. We have been so blessed with an exceptionally easy baby.

He sleeps through the night 95% of the time (I'm sure not tonight, just because I bragged) and it's usually from 7pm to 7am unless he is woken up earlier to go to daycare on days that I work.

He is crawling everywhere, pulling up on anything possible and can walk pretty steady as long as he is holding on to something.


He has the front 2 bottom teeth now and he is still acting like he has more coming in on the top.

He loves peek-a-boo and laughs hysterically every time. For some reason he also laughs if you scare him or bark at him like a dog.

He loves his bath time and thoroughly enjoys splashing.


He is in love with our donkey Pedro and fusses every afternoon until he goes out with Bryan to feed him.

He LOVES his daddy and speed-crawls to the door when he comes home every day.


Eating is still a struggle but it is improving. He apparently has Bryan's taste buds because he will only eat salty things, no sweets. Right now he eats cheese puffs, saltine crackers, chips, and bread sticks. Before you start thinking about how bad we are as parents for letting him eat this junk just know that I completely agree but the therapist told us to encourage anything that he is willing to eat. I continue to try fruit and cereals but with no success. He ate one thin slice of a peach last week but hasn't touched one since. His other issue seems to be a control thing; he will ONLY eat what he can pick up and put in his mouth by himself. If I try to feed him anything, including cheese puffs, we have a huge fight on our hands. We still haven't heard back from the therapist on whether or not the insurance has approved more visits but I am keeping my fingers crossed. We go to his 9-month checkup next week so I will ask the doctor about it then.




We are a blessed family and I thank God every day for the moments that we get to spend together.

1 comment:

snicklepics1 said...

I love your blog, Alicia! Of course, I love the SUBJECTS of your blog, soo...Dennis was thrilled that Taylor is enamored of Pedro, I'm sure you feel the same way about him! lol